CROMO NCX-100 Noise Cancelling HeadphonesPart No. 20258
- Active noise cancelling with integrated amplifier and bass boost
- 40mm high output drivers with neodymium magnets
- Active noise cancellation using 4 microphones to remove up to 95% of ambient background noise
- Auto power off in noise cancelling and bass modes
- 2 year warranty
The CROMO NCX-100s are our most advanced noise cancelling headphones. With these headphones you will enjoy superb quality Hi-Fi sound without the distraction of annoying background noise. Perfect for use when travelling on planes, trains, or in a noisy home or office, the NCX-100 have been designed to deliver accurate sound reproduction over a wide range of musical tastes, whether in passive, noise cancelling or bass mode.
For portability the headphones fold up and can be stored in the supplied, tough carry case.
Bypass circuitry allows passive use of the headphones without batteries.
The noise cancellation circuitry uses 4 built-in microphones to remove up to 95% of external, ambient noise. Additionally a built in 5W amplifier incorporates a switchable bass boost circuit that can be used in conjunction with the noise cancelling to provide 10db of bass boost. For convenience, the headphones can also be used in passive mode without the need for battery power.
What Hi-Fi Award Winners in the Award in the March 2016 issue
' Clear, upfront and detailed from top to bottom, their sonic presentation is instantly likeable.'
'When it comes to noise-cancelling headphones our recommendations often go to Bose, AKG and Sennheiser, with prices typically north of £250. As a more affordable option, the LINDY CROMO NCX-100s now join that prestigious list.'
Recommended Award in the October 2014 issue of Home Cinema Choice magazine.
' ...very comfortable to wear.'
'...detail and tonality are good and the natural noise isolation of the design is effective too.'
'....a cost effective domestic option and great for travel.'
Received 9 out of 10 and the 'Best Buy' Award on AVForums in August 2014.
Some comments included:
' The quality of the materials used is high and everything is solidly built. '
'There is sufficient attenuation of outside noise that the Lindy will make the difference to a long trip on public transport.'
'When you consider the more than reasonable asking price, solid build, comfortable design and more
than reasonable supplied ancillaries and you have yourself a bit of a bargain. '
Click here to read the full review.
Received 4.5 out of 5 stars and the 'Recommended' Award in the August 2014 issue of Hi-Fi Choice magazine.
Some comments from the reviewer included:
'...it is clear that a considerable amount of thought has gone into the design.'
'...genuinely effective and well balanced noise cancelling when used
on the move.'
'When you consider the useful supplied accessories and
sturdy build, you have a very fine pair of noise cancelling designs at
a thoroughly sensible price.'
As reviewed by Crowded Brain, August 2013.
CROMO NCX-100 received a 90% rating by Crowded Brain. Some comments included:
'...the noise cancelling technology certainly worked and allowed
us to comfortably listen to our music...'
'...the two modes provide a boost in audio output with a lovely tone to match.'
'...one of the most comfortable headphones we have ever used.'
Click here to read the full review
A short review is also available on the Dadblog UK blog...
Click here to read.
- CROMO NCX-100 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Rigid carry case
- 1.4m audio cable with built-in microphone
- In-flight and 3.5mm to 6.3mm stereo jack adapters
- User manual
- Impedance: 32Ω passive mode / 100Ω noise cancelling & bass mode
- Sensitivity: 93dB ±3dB/1mW @ 1KHz passive mode / 103dB ±3dB/1mW @ 1KHz noise cancelling mode / 104dB ±3dB/1mW @ 1KHz bass mode
- Nominal total harmonic distortion: <0.1% @94dB @ 1KHz (Passive) / <0.5% @94dB @ 1KHz (Active)
- 15dB active noise cancellation
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20KHz
- Up to 20 hour battery life
- Weight: 258g
- Requires two AAA batteries (not included)
Read all 5 reviews for CROMO NCX-100 Noise Cancelling Headphones
I've purchased them more than year ago and to be honest they represent excellent value for money.
Almost perfect for long flights and they working even battery goes flat .. .
few small bits could be improved..
First they very tight and no adjustment of tension.
second my cable gets broken as on some planes socked is on arm rest and while you moving you keep bending cable almost 90deg.
small 90 deg adapter help a lot in this case which could be included in KIT
I bought these following a pair of lightweight Sennheisers (I broke them) and a heavier pair of Goldring (they failed). The sound quality is better than both, the noise cancellation good, and they are one of few pairs with an in-line hands free mic on the wire (which works well with my Android phone). Good value, excellent build quality, great sound, recommended.
Delivery Information (End Users)
- FREE Next Working Day* delivery on all orders over £75.00
- Orders under £75.00 weighing less than 1kg are shipped using Royal Mail 1st Class delivery @ £2.99
- Royal Mail 1st Class delivery is a non-trackable, non-recorded service
- Orders under £75.00 that weigh over 1kg are shipped using our Next Working Day* courier service @ £7.99
- Courier delivery is trackable
- Saturday delivery and timed deliveries are also available - just make your choice at checkout
- On a working day, all orders received before 5.00pm for Royal Mail, or 5.30pm for our courier service, are dispatched the same day (subject to stock availability)
- Orders received after the above mentioned times, or on a weekend or public holiday, will be dispatched from our warehouse the following working day.
- Orders received after 5.00pm or on a weekend or public holiday will be dispatched from our warehouse the following working day
* Next Working Day applies to UK mainland addresses only and excludes Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
For more information about our Delivery options, please click here
We're confident that you'll be totally happy with any goods purchased from LINDY. However, if you have changed your mind about an item, and you are a private consumer (i.e. not a business customer), then you can return it to us for a full refund provided that:
- You notify us within 30 calendar days from the day after you've received the goods
- The item(s) are returned within 14 days of cancellation. The 14 days start the day after you have notified us of the cancellation
- The item(s) are returned undamaged and unused, with its original packaging and complete with all manuals, components and software seals (if applicable) intact
If you are a business customer please note that the above points do not apply to B2B purchases and you should therefore read Section 5 of our Terms & Conditions
In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 we would like to make you aware of the following important information:
- We will refund within 14 days of receipt of goods (i.e. when we receive the returned items) or of evidence that the item(s) have been returned to us
- We will refund all monies received, including outbound delivery cost, however if you chose a more expensive means than the cheapest, default standard delivery option offered we will only refund the default standard delivery option you could have chosen
- We will not refund the cost of the return delivery to us
- We have the right to deduct monies from refunds where goods show signs of unreasonable use leading to diminished value. We will not deduct for removal of packaging to inspect the item, but we may deduct for wear and tear where the item has not been checked but used. The charge for this is £5.00 or 15% of the product cost (whichever is greater)
Damaged in transit
If you receive goods which have been damaged in transit, please:
- Sign the delivery note stating the goods have arrived damaged
- Report it to us within 24 hours of receipt
Faulty or incomplete on arrival
You can return goods that have arrived faulty or incomplete for a full refund or replacement, provided that:
- For faulty items you notify us within 7 working days from the day after you've received the goods
- If the goods are incomplete or there is a shortfall you notify us within 3 days of receiving the goods
- The item you return is complete with all supplied manuals, components and software
If, after testing by our Technical Dept., the product is proven to be faulty we will refund your reasonable return carriage costs.
Faulty within warranty
If a product develops a fault within its warranty period you are entitled to a repair, refund or replacement at our discretion.
Goods returned as faulty where no fault is found will be returned to the customer.
How to return goods to us
The quickest and easiest way to return goods is to complete our on-line Returns Merchandise Form.
Or you can contact our Technical Department on:
Tel: 01642 754040
Fax: 01642 754049
Alternatively, you can download, complete and fax the Model Cancellation Form
We recommend you return any goods via a postal/carriage service that requires a signature upon delivery.
Please note: The above information applies to orders placed on the end user section of our website. For registered trade and business customers ordering from the trade or business sections of the site, different delivery charges and returns terms apply.