LAN User Client for Windows MultiPoint ServerPart No. 42661
- Make savings with this low cost, easy to manage solution for multiple workstation installations
- Low cost reliable solution for use with Windows MultiPoint Server 2011/10
- Save money on equipment, set up, power and maintenance costs
- Easy to install and set up - connects to the host computer via a single Ethernet cable (use of a network switch is recommended)
- VGA port for connecting to a monitor (supports resolutions up to 1600 x 1200)
- Features 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a keyboard, mouse and other USB peripherals, such as a pen drive or printer
- Microphone and stereo speaker sockets for full audio support
- Very compact, low profile design which can be placed flat, stood vertically using the supplied stand or fixed to the VESA mounting points on the back of a monitor
- Supplied with a multi-country power supply and an Ethernet connection cable
- Dimensions: 97 x 97 x 20mm (WxDxH)
- 2 year warranty
Demo Kit Available! See below for details....
A monitor, keyboard and mouse are required to use the LAN User Client. These are not included. You can see our User Client accessories here.
Please note: Each LAN User Client requires a license, for more information please click here.
The LINDY LAN User Client has been designed to work in combination with Windows MultiPoint Server to provide a cost effective workstation solution for classrooms, call centres and offices. It can enable users to make great savings on their installations as there is no need to buy multiple PCs.
Windows MultiPoint server allows a single host computer to be simultaneously accessed by up to 10 User Client workstations. Each workstation is provided with the full Windows desktop experience and an individual login. It's the perfect solution in terms of both install cost and total cost of ownership as each client is considerably cheaper to purchase than a regular PC and has, on average, 95% reduced power consumption compared to a conventional computer.
Installation is straightforward too - the User Client connects to the host computer over a single Ethernet connection. For an interconnection between your host server and a network switch, which considerably facilitates the installation of multiple user clients on your host server, you can use our Network Switch - Gigabit, Desktop, 8 Port, 10/100/1000.
Benefits of Windows MultiPoint Server
Help schools reduce up-front and ongoing operational costs
Improve student access to computers and reduce costs.
Increase the number of students who can access computers.
Reduce your initial hardware costs, because you only need to buy one host computer that multiple students can use at the same time.
Reduce your maintenance costs, because you only need to service and support one computer.
Reduce power consumption and associated energy costs to help your bottom line - and the environment.
Help students increase collaboration and computing skills
Work on their own projects independently at their own pace or collaborate with others on class projects.
Experience many of the Windows features, including the Windows desktop, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Windows Search and Jump Lists.
Run productivity applications, such as Microsoft Office and educational applications.
Store data in public, shared folders or use a USB drive to keep personal files.
Teachers are freed to spend more time teaching, not managing technology!
Manage only one computer instead of many.
Set up and manage the entire solution easily by using built-in features, such as: Simple, out-of-the-box set up and configuration.
A simple user interface to set up each student station; manage student sessions; and create, modify and delete student accounts.
Gain peace of mind with support from Microsoft-authorised partners or directly from Microsoft.
Install updates and patches automatically or selectively to help increase security and reliability.
To learn more, visit Microsoft's Windows MultiPoint Server homepage here.
Using the supplied bracket, easily fixes to the VESA mounting points on a monitor for a tidy installation. Our white USB version is shown for example purposes.
- LINDY LAN User Client for Windows MultiPoint Server
- Desk Stand / VESA Monitor mount with fixing screws
- Multi-country power supply
- CAT6 Ethernet cable
- Installation CD
- User manual
Host PC System Requirements
- Windows Multipoint Server 2011
- An x64 based computer that use Intel Pentium or Xeon family processors with Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (EM64T); MultiPoint Server supports up to four CPUs in one computer
- Memory requirements: the required RAM depends on the number of User Clients that are connected to the computer...
- 3GB for 4 Clients
- 4GB for 6 Clients
- 8GB for 10 Clients
- Multi-core processor support: up to 4 multi-core processors, such as dual-core or quad-core processors
- An available RJ-45 Ethernet port for each connected User Client (it is recommended to use a network switch for the installation of mutliple user clients)
- 32GB of disk space for software installation
For optimal multimedia performance, we recommend the following CPUs...
- Dual-core processor: supports 2-3 User Clients that are being used with high processing demand programs, such as multimedia applications
- Quad-core processor: supports up to 6 User Clients that are running high processing demand multimedia applications
- Core-i7 processor: supports up to 10 User Clients
Delivery Information (End Users)
- FREE Next Working Day* delivery on all orders over £75.00
- Orders under £75.00 weighing less than 1kg are shipped using Royal Mail 1st Class delivery @ £2.99
- Royal Mail 1st Class delivery is a non-trackable, non-recorded service
- Orders under £75.00 that weigh over 1kg are shipped using our Next Working Day* courier service @ £7.99
- Courier delivery is trackable
- Saturday delivery and timed deliveries are also available - just make your choice at checkout
- On a working day, all orders received before 5.00pm for Royal Mail, or 5.30pm for our courier service, are dispatched the same day (subject to stock availability)
- Orders received after the above mentioned times, or on a weekend or public holiday, will be dispatched from our warehouse the following working day.
- Orders received after 5.00pm or on a weekend or public holiday will be dispatched from our warehouse the following working day
* Next Working Day applies to UK mainland addresses only and excludes Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
For more information about our Delivery options, please click here
We're confident that you'll be totally happy with any goods purchased from LINDY. However, if you have changed your mind about an item, and you are a private consumer (i.e. not a business customer), then you can return it to us for a full refund provided that:
- You notify us within 30 calendar days from the day after you've received the goods
- The item(s) are returned within 14 days of cancellation. The 14 days start the day after you have notified us of the cancellation
- The item(s) are returned undamaged and unused, with its original packaging and complete with all manuals, components and software seals (if applicable) intact
If you are a business customer please note that the above points do not apply to B2B purchases and you should therefore read Section 5 of our Terms & Conditions
In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 we would like to make you aware of the following important information:
- We will refund within 14 days of receipt of goods (i.e. when we receive the returned items) or of evidence that the item(s) have been returned to us
- We will refund all monies received, including outbound delivery cost, however if you chose a more expensive means than the cheapest, default standard delivery option offered we will only refund the default standard delivery option you could have chosen
- We will not refund the cost of the return delivery to us
- We have the right to deduct monies from refunds where goods show signs of unreasonable use leading to diminished value. We will not deduct for removal of packaging to inspect the item, but we may deduct for wear and tear where the item has not been checked but used. The charge for this is £5.00 or 15% of the product cost (whichever is greater)
Damaged in transit
If you receive goods which have been damaged in transit, please:
- Sign the delivery note stating the goods have arrived damaged
- Report it to us within 24 hours of receipt
Faulty or incomplete on arrival
You can return goods that have arrived faulty or incomplete for a full refund or replacement, provided that:
- For faulty items you notify us within 7 working days from the day after you've received the goods
- If the goods are incomplete or there is a shortfall you notify us within 3 days of receiving the goods
- The item you return is complete with all supplied manuals, components and software
If, after testing by our Technical Dept., the product is proven to be faulty we will refund your reasonable return carriage costs.
Faulty within warranty
If a product develops a fault within its warranty period you are entitled to a repair, refund or replacement at our discretion.
Goods returned as faulty where no fault is found will be returned to the customer.
How to return goods to us
The quickest and easiest way to return goods is to complete our on-line Returns Merchandise Form.
Or you can contact our Technical Department on:
Tel: 01642 754040
Fax: 01642 754049
Alternatively, you can download, complete and fax the Model Cancellation Form
We recommend you return any goods via a postal/carriage service that requires a signature upon delivery.
Please note: The above information applies to orders placed on the end user section of our website. For registered trade and business customers ordering from the trade or business sections of the site, different delivery charges and returns terms apply.